The Autumn season is a time for warm drinks, cozy nights, and festive gatherings. And what better way to celebrate than with a delicious mocktail or cocktail?
This year, autumn flavor trends are all about bold and flavorful combinations. Think spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and turmeric, as well as earthy ingredients like mushrooms, root vegetables, and nuts. You'll also see more drinks inspired by cuisines from around the world, as well as botanical flavors like lavender, rose, and hibiscus.
Of course, no fall drink is complete without a touch of elegance. That's why we're focusing on ways to make your mocktails and cocktails look as good as they taste. Here are a few tips:
- Use beautiful glassware. A well-chosen glass can make all the difference in the presentation of your drink. Look for glasses that are clear, elegant, and of high quality.
- Use edible foam. Edible foam is a great way to add a touch of luxury to your drinks. It's also a lot of fun to experiment with different flavors and colors.
- Make your drinks change color. This is a fun and easy way to add a bit of magic to your drinks. There are a number of different ways to do this, but one of the easiest is to use food coloring.
Here are a few recipes for fall mocktails and cocktails that you can try:
Chamoy MargaritaThis refreshing margarita is made with chamoy, a Mexican condiment made from dried fruit, chiles, and spices. It has a sweet, sour, and salty flavor that is perfect for autumn.
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1 ounce chamoy
- 1/2 ounce agave nectar
- Kosher salt, for rim
- Lime wedge, for garnish
- Rim a margarita glass with kosher salt.
- Combine lime juice, chamoy, and agave nectar in a shaker with ice.
- Shake well and strain into the prepared glass.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.
Cranberry Moscow MuleThis is a cozy and festive drink that celebrates the fall flavours of cranberries, lime, and ginger. It is a perfect way to warm up on a chilly day or enjoy with your friends and family.
- 3 cups Fresh Cranberries
- 1/2 cup Cranberry Juice
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 3 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Fresh Lime Juice
- 4 cups of Ice
- 2 16-ounce bottles of Ginger Beer
- 1 Lime
- Cook the fresh cranberries, water, and brown sugar in a saucepan over medium-high heat until the cranberries burst and the mixture thickens about 15 minutes. This will make a cranberry simple syrup that adds sweetness and flavour to the drink.
- Strain the cranberry simple syrup and let it cool completely. You can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Fill four copper mugs or glasses with ice. Divide the vodka evenly among the mugs, about 1/4 cup per mug. Add 2 tablespoons of lime juice and 2 tablespoons of cranberry simple syrup to each mug. Top with ginger beer and stir gently to combine.
Prickly Pear MojitoThis sweet and tart mojito is made with prickly pear, a cactus fruit that has a unique flavor. It's perfect for a refreshing fall drink.
- 2 ounces white rum
- 1/2 cup prickly pear juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup simple syrup
- 6 mint leaves
- Club soda, to top
- Lime wedge, for garnish
- Muddle mint leaves with lime juice and simple syrup in the bottom of a glass.
- Add rum and prickly pear juice and stir to combine.
- Top with club soda and garnish with a lime wedge.
Spicy Honey Old FashionedThis old fashioned is made with spicy honey, which is made by infusing honey with chili peppers. It has a sweet and spicy flavor that is perfect for fall.
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 1 ounce spicy honey syrup
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- Orange twist, for garnish
- Combine bourbon, spicy honey syrup, and bitters in an old fashioned glass over ice.
- Stir to combine and garnish with an orange twist.